Many Miami, FL renters do not realize the importance of carrying insurance on their rental properties. Renters insurance is so vital that some landlords require all their tenants to carry a policy. If you are considering getting renters insurance in Miami, FL, Prestige Insurance Group would happily answer your questions.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Your landlord carries insurance on the property itself, and your renter’s insurance is to protect your personal belongings. Here are some of the most important items covered by renters insurance:
- Unless your apartment comes furnished, you have furniture that needs to be protected.
- Any small or large appliances that you own.
- Your clothing, toiletries, and other personal items.
- Electronics, such as televisions, computers, and sound systems.
- Other random personal items such as musical instruments or books.
What Kinds Of Events Are Covered By Renters Insurance?
An almost endless number of events could cause a loss to you and your family. Here are some of the most common:
- Damage from a natural disaster, such as a thunderstorm.
- Damage from a fire, whether electrical or because of a storm.
- Smoke damage.
- Theft or vandalism.
Other Protections You Get With Renters Insurance
It is important to protect your belongings because otherwise, you have to pay to replace them out of your own pocket. Renters insurance provides other kinds of protection, too. For instance, if a fire causes you to be temporarily homeless, your renter’s insurance will help pay for a place for you to live. Your insurance policy can cover medical expenses if someone falls while visiting you.
If you need renters insurance in Miami, FL, please call Prestige Insurance Group today so we can find a policy that meets your needs.