You could indeed get a standard auto insurance policy for your classic car. However, you will not have access to many of the benefits provided by a classic car insurance policy, such as reimbursement of the full value in the event of total loss.
A standard auto insurance policy does not take into consideration the special needs of a classic car owner in Miami, FL. Classic car insurance is specifically designed to cover situations unique to classic cars, such as restoration, exhibition, and more. At Prestige Insurance Group, we understand that special cars have special needs, we are here to provide you with the right coverage to protect your investment.
A standard car insurance policy typically includes bodily injury liability, collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, medical payments, property damage liability, and uninsured/uninsured motorist insurance. A classic car insurance policy will usually include all of these coverage types as well as additional coverage that is designed to meet the additional needs of classic vehicles, such as:
- Agreed value for collision and comprehensive coverage will reimburse you for the total value of the car at the time you purchased your classic car insurance policy in the event of a total loss
- Restoration coverage for cars still in the restoration stage that is not yet drivable
- Spare parts coverage for tools and accessories that you have stored away from the vehicle in the event of theft or damage
- Memorabilia contents coverage for additional valuable pieces such as dashboard accessories and antique license plates that are itemized on a contents list
- Auto show medical reimbursement should someone be injured at an event where you are showing your classic car
- No attendance required covers your car when it is on display when you are not with it
Learn more about the available types of classic car coverage available for collectors in Miami, FL when you call Prestige Insurance Group.