Miami, FL continues to be well known for the nice weather, the access to local beaches, and the never-ending recreational activities available to you. If you would like to move to this area of Florida, renting a home can be a great option as the flexibility will allow you to experience the city in any way that you want. If you are going to rent here, you will need to get renters insurance. There are many reasons that this coverage is necessary.
Coverage is a Lease Obligation
The main reason that you should get a renters insurance plan is that it is a lease obligation. Landlords today know how valuable this coverage is and that it can protect both the tenant and, indirectly, the landlord. Due to this, most landlords will have a lease requirement that will ensure you have insurance at all times. They will likely also verify that you have coverage before the start of the lease term.
Coverage Protects Tenants
You will also want to get a renters insurance plan as it can protect you in many ways. With a renters policy, you will get the coverage necessary to replace your personal assets if stolen or damaged. Further, you will get liability coverage to ensure you are protected if you are found to be at fault for damages.
Those who would like to get a renters policy in the Miami, FL area should speak with the Prestige Insurance Group’s insurance team. Those who call the Prestige Insurance Group for their insurance needs will learn more about their needs and options. They can then offer guidance that will help you build a policy that will offer your situation’s ideal protection.
Based in Miami, FL, Prestige Insurance Group serves the community by helping them find insurance coverage. We offer our clients a wide variety of services to help them protect their assets. We want to make sure that our clients are protected if a disaster arises.
A Thorough Overview Of RV Insurance
If you enjoy traveling around in your RV and taking in the beautiful scenery that Miami, FL has to offer, consider RV insurance benefits. While operating an RV is fun, there are also a few risks involved. The policy covers your RV if you are involved in a collision. Liability coverage protects you if you accidentally cause damage to someone else’s property. You are also covered if a passenger gets injured in your vehicle. RV insurance protects you, as an accident can occur at any time.
RV insurance also covers your personal items if they are stolen or damaged due to a fire or some other type of natural disaster. There are a few special situations when you may have to amend your policy to provide extra coverage. You can add extra coverage to protect you if you have special luxury items on your RV, you’ve made some recent changes to the interior, or you added a camper or fifth wheel to your RV. These are special occasions when you have to adjust your policy if something happens.
If you plan to have a road trip in your RV and go on vacation, the policy covers your vehicle if an emergency happens and you need towing services or roadside assistance. If you plan to store your RV and camp somewhere for a while, you can add coverage to protect you if severe weather causes damage.
Prestige Insurance Group Will Help You Cover Your Assets
For information on RV insurance, visit our website today!
You need to choose an appropriate motorcycle insurance policy if you ride a motorcycle in Miami, FL. We sell motorcycle insurance in Florida at Prestige Insurance Group.
The following are three things to keep in mind when you buy motorcycle insurance.
You should buy more than minimum liability coverage.
You’re only legally required to buy minimum liability coverage. However, this isn’t all that you need to buy. Buying only minimum liability coverage really leaves you open to possible financial problems down the road.
Invest in liability coverage that exceeds the minimum coverage requirements. Otherwise, you might find yourself facing bills out of pocket that you can’t afford to pay.
Coverage for bodily injury is important.
Riding a motorcycle can be dangerous. If you experience an accident while riding your bike, you might become severely injured. The medical bills could really add up.
It’s important that your motorcycle insurance policy offers coverage for your own medical expenses. Even if you have health insurance, bodily injury coverage is important on any motorcycle insurance policy.
Many discounts could be available to you.
If you’re concerned about the expense of motorcycle insurance, you should know that there are many different discounts out there.
You may be eligible for discounts for being an experienced rider. You might also enjoy discounts if you insure numerous vehicles on the same policy or with the same provider.
Be sure to research discounts if you are looking for ways to bring down your premium costs.
Buying a reliable and high-quality motorcycle insurance policy is important for riders in Miami, FL. Get in touch with us at Prestige Insurance Group to learn about our motorcycle insurance policy offerings.
Miami offers abundant opportunities to get out with your boat and enjoy the water. The weather is ideal, and the options are practically endless. Whether you want to enjoy saltwater on Biscayne Bay or the Atlantic Ocean or freshwater in one of Miami-Dade County’s 47 lakes, you have ample opportunity to use your boat. Whether motorized or sail, you will never be at a loss unless you don’t have boat insurance. At Prestige Insurance Group in Miami, FL, our team has over 10 years of experience meeting our customer’s needs.
Of course, you hope that nothing bad will ever happen when you are out enjoying your boat, but if something does happen, it is important that you have enough liability insurance to protect your assets. If you cause an accident where someone is injured or dies, the resulting expenses could be very high. You would be responsible for medical expenses and any judgment against you. This insurance would also repair or replace someone else’s boat or dock that you damage. Having enough liability coverage is vital.
If you have an accident and are at fault or hit something like a submerged rock, you need to take care of the repairs to your boat yourself. This can be very expensive, depending on the extent of the damage. Collision coverage comes with a deductible, and you decide when you choose your policy the deductible, you are comfortable with.
Comprehensive coverage protects your boat from other types of damage. It covers things like strong winds, fire, hail, vandalism, and theft. Things over which you have no control.
If you have special equipment in your boat, whether for fishing or navigation, this needs to be covered separately.
Many hazards are lurking in the waters, and you need to be protected against them. At Prestige Insurance Group in Miami, FL, we will help you make sure you have the right coverage for your boat. Give us a call or stop by our office for a free quote.
It’s essential for consumers in Miami, FL to understand how umbrella insurance coverage protects their finances. At Prestige Insurance Group, umbrella insurance is one of several types of insurance we provide.
The following are three reasons why it’s vital to have umbrella insurance coverage to protect yourself financially.
Umbrella coverage enhances home and auto insurance policies.
Home and auto insurance is essential for protecting you against liability expenses. However, home and auto insurance policies have limits. You could find yourself having to pay out of pocket if you’re involved in an incident that costs more than your home or auto insurance policy maximums.
Fortunately, umbrella coverage enhances the coverage offered by other policies you have. Umbrella insurance coverage kicks in if you go over your policy maximums for your home or auto insurance policies.
Umbrella insurance covers the costs of legal representation in lawsuits.
Anyone can be sued. If you find yourself facing a lawsuit, the costs of legal representation can be extremely high.
Fortunately, umbrella insurance coverage protects you against the costs of legal representation for liability suits in a wide variety of cases.
Umbrella insurance gives you peace of mind.
Without umbrella insurance coverage, you might be putting your assets at risk. A single accident could potentially wipe out your entire net worth without umbrella insurance coverage.
Umbrella insurance coverage can give you peace of mind. When you have umbrella insurance, you enjoy added financial security and won’t be as significantly affected financially if you do get sued down the road.
You can find the right umbrella insurance policy by contacting us at the Prestige Insurance Group. Consumers in Miami, FL can take advantage of protecting their assets by investing in this important financial product.
When it comes to natural disasters, floods are number one. They cause more than 8 billion dollars of damage in the United States every year. No state is safe, flooding can and does happen in all 50. Florida is particularly vulnerable due to the flat terrain and its many lakes and rivers, as well as an 1100 miles coastline. Add to that more than 59 inches of rain a year, hurricanes, and tornados, and you have a high risk of flooding. At the Prestige Insurance Group in Miami, FL, we understand flooding and the importance of flood insurance.
Home insurance does not cover flooding. It would be best if you had a designated flood insurance policy. If you live in a high-risk area, your mortgage holder will require that you carry it. Even if your mortgage is paid off, flood insurance is a good idea in Florida.
Flood insurance covers damage that is a direct result of flooding. FEMA flood insurance has two parts. It has building coverage and content coverage.
Building coverage includes:
- Electrical service and wiring in your house
- Plumbing including pipes and water heater
- Heating and cooling units, ductwork and heating runs
- Appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, compactors and installed microwaves
- Permanently installed flooring, including carpeting, tile, wood, and laminate floors
- Built-in furniture such as bookcases and cupboards
- Clothing includes shoes, coats and other wearing apparel.
- Furniture things like dining sets, couches, chairs, beds, dressers
- Decor this includes wall decor and throw rugs.
- Electronics such as TVs and computers
- Personal items including kitchen items like dishes and pots and pans, toys for children, and baby paraphernalia
What isn’t covered is a place to stay while your home is being repaired. Check with your home insurance policy to see if it can help out with finding you a place to stay.
At Prestige Insurance Group in Miami, FL, we have a dedicated team with more than ten years of experience helping our customers get the coverage that they need. Give us a call for an appointment for a free quote.
Condo insurance offers the coverage you need for your property in Florida. It’s complicated because the building’s Home (Condo) Owner’s Association (HOA or COA) already covers the condo with a master policy. At Prestige Insurance Group in Miami, FL, we work with you to understand what’s covered under each policy, to understand where there may be overlap or gaps in coverage.
What’s Covered by Condo Insurance
When you buy a condo, the HOA and the mortgage lender often require that you hold an insurance policy. The HOA coverage falls under two main policy types.
- Bare Walls: It covers the building itself and the shared areas. It covers just the walls, floor, and ceiling.
- All In: It covers original features like lighting, cabinets, and plumbing. It does not include features that are not original, like a new kitchen sink, etc.
The master policy from the HOA may cover the basic structure and what originally came with the condo, but you’ll need to include anything else. Here are the primary considerations.
- Your personal belongings: It covers furniture, clothing, electronics, etc.
- Liability: It covers injury or damage, including legal and medical expenses, if a person gets hurt while on the property.
- Additional Expenses: It could cover a hotel stay while the condo is being repaired after a fire or disaster.
- Loss Assessment: It could cover the costs for damage that exceeds the HOA’s master policy.
Your condo insurance policy can be tailored to meet your needs. That’s why the next step is so important.
Next Step: Contact Prestige Insurance Group to Learn More
At Prestige Insurance Group in Miami, FL, we review your personal situation and make recommendations for the insurance coverage that will best meet your needs. We’re locally owned and operated, which means that we understand and can consult with you about the best coverage in this area. The process is quick-and-easy. When you come in for a free evaluation, we’ll review your situation and offer a comprehensive policy.
If you live in the Miami, FL area, you likely will enjoy being able to experience all that the city and metro area has to offer. For those that are in this area of the state, it is vital that you have a vehicle that is adequately insured. There are several situations when someone will need to have auto insurance in place.
Someone with a Car Loan
When you take out a loan to purchase your car, you are going to need to stay in compliance with your own agreement. Most of the time, this is going to include carrying collision and comprehensive insurance for your vehicle at all times. If you do not have this type of coverage, you will be in default of the loan agreement.
Those Driving on a Public Road
You will also need to get auto insurance if you ever plan on driving your vehicle on a public road. In the state of Florida, drivers are mandated to carry liability insurance whenever they go out for a drive. This form of insurance coverage ensures all other parties that you are able to pay for damages if you cause an accident. Those that do not carry this form of insurance could be penalized.
As you are shopping for auto insurance in the Miami, FL area, you could find that it is hard to pick a policy. Fortunately, the team at the Prestige Insurance Group can help to make this easier for you. The insurance professionals at the Prestige Insurance Group will provide you with the advice and guidance you need to pick a new policy that provides the right coverage.
Whether you started a business as an entrepreneur, a storefront, or a manufacturing operation in Miami, FL, you need commercial insurance. Here’s the thing, though. You do not need the same commercial insurance policy if you are an entrepreneur or a storefront operation or a manufacturer. Prestige Insurance Group wants you to understand the plethora of choices before you, so you choose the right insurance for your business’ needs.
While everyone needs insurance that helps them accomplish business continuity and protects the business against loss, many differences exist, too. For example, a dry cleaning business requires inland marine insurance that protects the property of their clients while on their premises. A home business run by an entrepreneur requires liability, but not a business owner’s policy (BOP). If that business makes regular deliveries using the owners’ vehicle or a vehicle purchased for the business, that requires commercial auto insurance.
Here’s a quick guide to the types of commercial insurance.
- Construction insurance: also called builder’s risk insurance, covers commercial structures as they are built.
- Business interruption insurance: covers repair or replacement of real property resulting from a named peril and pays for the income lost due to the interruption of business as usual.
- Business owner’s policy (BOP): combines the four most necessary policies into a single package to cover the business’ liability and property. You can purchase coverage separately, but it typically costs you more when purchased that way.
- Commercial auto: similar to the auto insurance you purchase for your personal vehicle, but this automatically provides full coverage and covers every licensed driver who operates your fleet vehicles.
- Crime insurance: covers your business’ losses from property crimes like burglary, robbery, and theft.
- Debris removal insurance: this policy pays for removing debris following a named peril, such as a fire.
- Directors’ and officers’ liability insurance: Covers the legal costs and payouts of lawsuits involving a corporation’s or non-profit’s C-level officers and directors.
- Equipment breakdown insurance: also called boiler and machinery insurance, pays for the replacement or repair of boilers, machinery, and other equipment and also covers the business interruption losses incurred due to the breakdown.
- Errors and omissions insurance (E & O): only those businesses that could possibly injure a third-party via accidental error or mistake require this policy type. The most common businesses that purchase it include attorneys, medical practitioners, manufacturing firms, and publications.
- Glass insurance: storefront owners often purchase this policy, which covers the replacement of plate glass and broken windows from a range of causes, including named perils and vandalism.
- Inland marine insurance: covers damages to third party property stored on-premises and property in transit.
- Liability insurance: pays for injuries you cause to a third party.
- Professional liability: more commonly called malpractice, covers a business’s losses and attorney fees stemming from injury to a third party caused when a professional failed to provide the proper standard of care.
- Ordinance or law insurance: cover building demolition and re-construction to building code standards when the structure incurs significant damage.
- Property insurance: covers real or personal property damage.
- Tenant’s insurance: pays for repairs to damages occurring to the lessee’s building improvements and damages by employees of the lessee. It differs from renter’s insurance, which pays for damages to your belongings and property and belongings.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: Covers the cost of medical care and lost wages due to workplace injury or illness.
Stop by or call Prestige Insurance Group of Miami, FL today to learn how we can help insure your business. Let us help you determine which of the above policy types best suit your business and build a custom commercial insurance policy for you.