Your car insurance from Prestige Insurance Group may save you during accidents and many other incidents in Miami, FL. But like most things in life, your car insurance isn’t entirely faultless. There are “holes” in your standard car insurance policy, and you need to know about them so that you can purchase “add-ons” to boost your coverage.
Here are potential areas not likely to be covered by your car insurance:
- Drivers excluded in your policy: If you want someone to drive your vehicle, you should inform your insurer. Otherwise, the damage they cause while driving your vehicle may not be covered. Parents make a common mistake of letting their sons and daughters drive their cars without including them in their policies. Always inform your insurer when sharing your vehicle with someone, even if they live with you.
- Items in your vehicle: Stolen personal items in your car aren’t covered by your car insurance. So, if your laptop or phone is stolen while inside your vehicle, you may have to file a claim with your home or renters insurance company.
- Modifications: Tune-ups to improve performance and “mods” to make your vehicle aesthetically appealing aren’t covered by typical car insurance. However, you can purchase a special insurance policy to cover these modifications.
- Business use: Your standard auto insurance doesn’t protect your car when using it to run operations of a commercial nature. Always upgrade personal auto insurance to commercial when using your vehicle for business reasons.
- Wear and tear: If your paint starts fading away or your suspension starts making creaky sounds, don’t file a claim with your insurance because maintenance issues aren’t covered by auto insurance.
Want to learn more about car insurance in Miami, FL? Please get in touch with Prestige Insurance Group to help you understand the nitty-gritty of your car insurance policy.